Monday, March 2, 2009

Monday, Monday

I can't believe my maternity leave is already half over! Oh how nice it would be if I could just be a stay-at-home mom and never have to go back to work.....Unfortunately, I don't see that in the cards. Thank goodness I get to take Carter to work with me b/c I really don't think I could leave him!

We had a very nice weekend. Auntie Lindsay & Auntie Courtney came to visit Carter on Saturday and Auntie Brianna and Auntie Sue came to visit Sunday (little man sure has a lot of aunties, huh?!). Meema & Papa Bryson and G-ma & G-pa Gibby came to visit yesterday too! We're so thankful for our wonderful family and friends who show Carter so much love :)

Tomorrow we're going to T-town to have lunch w/ my gals from KSDE then taking him up to the building for a visit! I'm so excited for everyone to get to meet him and for the gals to get to see him again!

Mommy is kinda dreading this week though. On Thursday, I was going to court to fight my infamous speeding ticket....ya know, the one issued by "Deputy Douche Bag." I called the district court today to confirm my court time and was informed that you can't just "show up" to fight a speeding ticket; you actually have to schedule a hearing so the officer can be subpoenaed. This royally pissed me off b/c the cop specifically told me if I wanted to protest the fine to come to court on the date written on ticket! If I schedule a hearing and he shows up, there's no way I'll get off! According to the B'game rumor mill, this particular cop issued several of these speeding tickets to numerous residents and apparently several of them called the sheriff and complained (mostly b/c of the whole "private property" thing b/c he was sitting in someones driveway). Supposedly those who complained were refunded their money or their ticket was thrown out. I don't know if this is true, you know how small town rumors fly. I considered calling the sheriff myself to complain, but quickly decided against it. I broke the speed limit and the adult thing to do is to pay the damn ticket rather than call the sheriff and give the whole bit of, "But so-and-so had their ticket thrown out, is my going to get thrown out too??" However, if I receive a refund check in the mail in the coming weeks, I won't be complaining :)

And now, some photos from the weekend...enjoy!






Carter already holding his own bottle!
Do I sense a genius in the works??










A little grumpy butt!









We still have a little growing
to do before this hat fits!















Chillin' like a villain...










Somebody likes sleeping
in the big boy bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment