Friday, January 30, 2009

What a day!

Today has not been the best of days....my morning started out with a big fat speeding ticket, courtesy of "Deputy Douche Bag" all b/c I sped up to 55 mph about 20 ft. before actually approaching the 55 mph sign coming out of B'game. It's stupid as hell that the 30 mph even goes that far out of town, but even more stupid that an a-hole cop w/ nothing better to do can sit in someone's driveway (private property????) and pull a poor, innocent pregnant woman over who's running a little behind b/c she sped up a bit too soon! I would seriously like to attend my court date to fight this ticket, but it's March 5 and I suspect I won't feel like leaving my dear sweet newborn just to put some a-hole in his place! Probably wouldn't do any good anyway.....

We had our 36 week appointment today. My blood pressure was still a tad high, but not as high as last week. The swelling has gone down considerably and my weight was only up 1.6 lbs. However, stubborn Mr. Carter has flipped AGAIN and is in a frank breech position. Dr. Wiley gave me another quick sonogram today to confirm. Apparently that made Carter a little upset b/c we literally saw him flip us off! It was hilarious.....he had two little fists made and was holding them up high, and all the sudden one little finger shot out of one of the fists! Yep, that's definitely my kid. (Maybe that was his message to "Deputy DB!") Unfortunately, b/c of the location of my placenta, the doc is unable to externally move the baby b/c it poses a risk of rupturing my placenta. So, he gave me an exercise to do that could help the baby to turn himself. He said there is still time for him to move into the head down position, but if he hasn't moved by full term (next week!) then we may have a problem. I'm praying that he moves b/c I REALLY don't want to have a C-section! I'm going to work on the exercises all weekend and hopefully we'll make some progress! We'll be 37 weeks on Monday!

After our appointment, we ran to Babies 'R Us to get a few essentials off our registry list. I think we pretty much have everything now (except the crib mattress). Now all we need to do is get the car seat in (yep, still haven't done that!)

Maggie is excited for her little brother to come out and play with her!
(She's hoping he shares his toys with her!)

1 comment:

  1. Ok well did the a-hole cop see that you are prego? I got pulled over right after I started showing and I think the cop felt sorry for me and let me go, of course they have to give you the "you better sl9ow it down the deer are really thick this time of year" speech. I really think that he might have felt sorry for me because the stupid man in the passanger seat was very much lit and being mr. bossy. Amanda

    ReplyDelete