Saturday, January 17, 2009

Gettin Closer

Well, we had our 34 week appointment yesterday. We found out that Carter has flipped himself and his head is no longer down. The doc had suspicions that his head may be up, so he gave me a quick sonogram to be sure. I was a little disappointed with the sonogram b/c I couldn’t tell what anything was! It was easier to spot things on the sonogram when he was only 20 weeks! The doc did tell us that he could tell he had lots of hair on his head! I was a little worried about his position, but Dr. Wiley said he will probably flip again and will most likely be in head down position in time for delivery. He still has 5 weeks to move and only 3% of babies are born breech, so that made us feel much better.

We’re definitely on the downhill slide now; my doctor appointments are now weekly! It’s crazy to think we only have 5 weeks until he’ll be here, unless he decides to come a little early, which wouldn’t bother me at all! I’m ready for pregnancy to be OVER! My memory has completely gone out the window, I’m an even bigger klutz (I drop EVERYTHING and then I can’t bend over to pick it up!), my ankles & feet are swollen to the size of watermelons and my fingers look like mini sausages! However, all the pain & agony will be well worth it in the long run!

Brent and I so very excited for our little man to be here! His room is completely done, with the exception of the crib mattress, which isn’t a huge deal b/c he will be sleeping in the Pack n’ Play in our room for the first few months. We’ve got all of his clothes, blankets, and bottles washed and put away. His bag is packed and ready to go. Now Brent and I just have to pack ourselves! I’m planning on taking the car to Eagle carwash next week to get it deep cleaned so we can put the car seat in. Everyone says I’m jinxing myself by being so prepared and that he’s probably going to come late now. Oh well, I’d rather be prepared than up shit creek!

4 comments:

  1. Ah... I remember ALL of that misery! I still haven't regained my memory totally. I remember trying to play darts with Chuck, and I couldn't throw them! My fingers seemed as if they had just grown dumb. It was if they totally forgot what their purpose was! LOL

    Don't worry about this whole jinxing idea. No matter when you prepare, he'll come when he's ready. I was prepared as early as you are, because I knew that it would be my luck that if I decided to wait on packing and preping, my kids would have decided to come early.

    So. Have you had the urge to scrub your entire house with a toothbrush yet? I've been there, and it's just one of those things that it bugs you unless you do it. Ah, nesting... The cleanest my house has ever been... Now with these two babies reeking havoc and destruction, it always looks like tornado ally around here.

    Once they get on the move, housework can be hard to keep up with!
    (Especially with two of them thinking they need to help me load the dishwasher by removing the dirty dishes from the washer and piling them on the floor as fast as I put them in...)

    I can't wait until you start posting how things are going once he arrives! I'm here to tell you, it is so wonderful to watch them grow and learn, and it feels good to share your experiences with others!

    I'll warn you, among my very first experiences at being a mother was getting peed on several times before even leaving the hospital. (And another, grosser experience: Nobody told me about the first dirty diapers after birth. Stools will be black and tarry, so have no alarm at that. It's from them drinking amniotic fluid. It freaked me out at first!)

    I hope he comes real soon! The last month, I found to be the roughest. I never got more than a few hours of sleep per night. Lack of finding a comfortable position played role, but mostly because my brain and body thought they weren't tired.

    Don't fret on his current breech position. He still has plenty of time to turn!

    If you have another sono coming up, drink LOTS of water starting a few days before. It helps put more fluid in with him, which makes it easier to see him since he's getting more cramped in there.

    I think it's so cool he's due Feb 23rd. Junior will turn 2 that day! I hope he comes sooner, though, because the memory of how you're feeling right now is still very fresh in my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the advice Brandi! (I can use LOTS!) Oh yes, sleeping has totally went out the window. I wake up every morning so stiff and sore too. And I'm pretty sure I have preg-induced carpal tunnel. My hands are SO numb every morning and they ache all day long!

    The cleaning thing-I totally WANT to scrub everything w/ a toothbrush, but the problem is I can't! I feel so worthless right now b/c I can hardly do anything around the house b/c I get so tired and my back kills me. Thank God for Brent; he has been SOOOOO incredibly helpful around the house. He's as much into the nesting thing as I am!!

    I didn't realize Jr.'s b-day was Feb. 23! My great grandma's b-day is Feb. 18 so she is really hoping he is born that day...that'd be just fine w/ me!

    Take care dear and I hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i only wish i was as prepared when i went to the hospital...and i was 10 days late! i am so glad to hear that brent has been helpful during these last weeks. what a wonderful hubby! you two are going to make fantastic parents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what's messed up is they tell you to get some sleep, blah blah... I have come to realize that I never got a full night's sleep from the time it started coming short at pregnancy's near end until baby slept thru the night.

    If you drowse off whilst feeding him in the wee hours of the night, don't feel ashamed or bad about it. I've done that on more than one occasion! As my G'pa once said, sleep will overtake you whenever your body says it's done!
    Not saying I passed out feeding my babies, but I will certainly admit to drowsing during in the wee hours of the night!

    Have no worries at all about anything!
    You and Brent will be excellent parents!
    If you wonder about anything, feel free to ask me anytime! Lord knows I've been there before, no matter what.

    I've been thru Baby Blues, I've been thru Postpartum Depression. I've been thru a lot to have our boys! The worst is if it affects your mind and body after, and it's never anything to be ashamed or embarrassed about.

    Sometimes the "misery" goes beyond the pregnancy. I've been there, so fear not on contacting me if you feel bad, ok?
    Promise me that you will contact me if that happens, ok? It is not uncommon at all. I've learned that it's how you feel a day, or 6 months, after you have a baby that makes a difference in your life. It is nothing to ever feel shame about. Ok?
    Don't forget that. Don't forget that, though I don't see you much, I don't care about what you are going through. Ok?

    ReplyDelete