Saturday, January 24, 2009

Hey Good Lookin'.......

what you got cookin? Speaking of cooking, guess what Mom, Brent, and I did all day today?? We decided it would be a good idea to have some food already cooked up and in the freezer so that when the baby comes and we're waaayyy too exhausted to cook, all we'll have to do is pop something in the oven. We made a variety of casseroles.....
Bierock Casserole

and we made some of this.......

Yummy Lasagna


we even made some of these.......

Burritos

and now our deep freezer is stocked!.......

Thanks for all your help Mommy!! (Grandma Barbie)

On another note, we had our 35 week appointment with Dr. Wiley yesterday. He has a good feeling that Carter has flipped back into the head down position. He didn't do a sonogram to be sure, so I'm hoping he'll do one next week. On a couple bad notes, my swelling has increased and my blood pressure was up. If my swelling increases this week or I experience any headaches or blurred vision, the doc would like me to come in and get my BP checked. I'm feeling a little bad b/c the scale goes up soooo much at each appointment, but I need to remind myself that a lot of it is due to all the water I'm retaining. Ironically, the more water you drink, the less water you retain. I don't understand why I'm so swollen b/c I drink like a camel everyday! I just need to keep telling myself that we don't have much longer and this will all be over with and we'll have a beautiful baby in our arms!

One last thing, I'd like to apologize to my unborn son for incorrectly spelling his middle name on an earlier blog! I will be changing that right away! Thanks Jillybean :)




2 comments:

  1. You are welcome, I think, for catching the spelling error. Although I didn't know it was a misspelling at the time. I just mentioned to your mom that it was a different spelling than I had ever heard of before. Glad to be of help though. You are so smart for making all that food up in advance of your busy "Mom" days to come. I know that you will be so glad you took the time and effort to do that. I'm sure Barbie had fun helping you get all that done. She's such a good cook and boy does that Bierock Casserole look good! I think I need that recipe sometime. I really enjoy reading your blog and I hope the last days of your pregnancy go easy on you. It will all be worth it in the end. I can't wait to see your mom become 'Grandma Barbie'. Good luck, Erin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!!! This is a good idea only if I could really do this and keep it until after the baby was here. Maybe I could hire you and your mom to do it for me!! Amanda

    ReplyDelete