Wednesday, February 4, 2009

There's a Baby Coming Soon!

We had our 37 week appointment today and found out some very exciting news! Carter is still breech and I am already dilated to 2 cm. so Dr. Wiley scheduled a c-section for next Wednesday, Feb. 11. We're very excited to know that in exactly one week, our precious little son will be arriving on this earth. While I'm a little nervous about having surgery and the risks that go along with it, I know that this is the best and safest thing for Carter. Dr. Wiley doesn't want to risk me going into labor and since I'm full term, he thought next week would be best. It all finally seems so real! There's a light at the end of the tunnel!

I am also very excited to almost be done with pregnancy. I don't know that I could have taken 3 more weeks! My blood pressure was excellent today, but my weight was up a lot more than it should be, due to the fact that I'm swollen to the size of a watermelon! Check out this picture I took last night.

Here's one of the last pictures we'll have of Mister Carter inside his mommy. At this time next week, we'll finally be looking at Carter's face instead of my belly!


5 comments:

  1. your toes they may be chubby, but at least they'll be pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am Glad Carter will be here next week the 11th is Philips Birthday and the Day before Colins. I Cant wait to see him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm so glad to hear that he will be here next week! Can't wait to see what he looks like!
    Take it easy, and try to keep those feet elevated. Mine swelled up like like that after having Junior.

    His c-section was the hardest on me. I had to go through 30 some hours of labor before they decided surgery was best, so your body getting exhausted like that then having surgery pays it's toll on you.

    I felt 100 times better after Sully's c-section than I did after Junior's. The hardest thing about Sully was the pregnancy. Once he started to grow, that not quite healed scar got very tender. So don't be like me and get pregnant when Carter is 4 months old if you can help it! LOL

    When I had Junior, I opted for general anesthetic. I have a numb phobia... But Chuck couldn't be in the room, come to find out AFTER the fact, so he had to watch through a window!
    Anyhow, with Sully I decided to do the spinal. Listen not to any spinal horror stories about how much it hurts, etc. The numb the area of the injection, then put in the spinal. All you feel is the mild prick of the first numbsie stuff, then it just feels like a little pressure after that.
    They put in that spinal injection a dose of morphine that lasts 24 hours. As soon as they lay you down, you'll feel all sorts of happy and silly! But it isn't bad.

    What I hated is that they strap your arms down during the surgery. I got to look at Sully, but I didn't get to touch him until I was in the recovery room. :-(
    I didn't think to ask if they would unstrap me so I could, so you may ask them that.

    Another thing I didn't know is that they allow you to take pictures of Carter being born if you want. Chuck won't admit it, but he couldn't handle photoing Sully being born, so the nurse got us a couple of pictures.

    Take it easy as you can, keep those feet propped up, try not to worry, and can't wait to see Carter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your poor little feet, It really looks like they hurt. As for your belly I know how you feel, like if you would happen to touch or rub against something sharp it will pop!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. where the hell are the stretch marks, huh? the only war wound you'll have is that imfamous smile above your bits and giggles. speaking of...are you planning on staying awake during your c-section? if so, you must blog about. i was sound asleep during mine, so missed the entire experience.

    take care of yourself, erin. *smooches*

    tierney

    ReplyDelete