Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Soooo...it's been a while!

Greetings! Sorry for the delay in posting folks! We had a long, tiring week last week and quite a busy weekend! Then a trip to Topeka yesterday...we're all worn out!

We had some troubles with Carter sleeping through the night last week. In between feedings he just wouldn't stop crying. I think we may have fixed the problem (knock on wood). For one thing, I think our house was just too darn cold for him, so we bumped up the thermostat a bit. Another thing is that I was changing his diaper AFTER I fed him and that was waking him back up, causing him to be grumpy. So, I started changing the diaper before he eats and then I can just lay him back down afterward and he seems to be doing much better. He's even sleeping a little longer in between feedings, which helps Mommy and Daddy catch a few more winks too!
We had an exciting weekend. Carter had a visit from Jessie on Saturday afternoon, then Roxy, Ryan, & Kyler came Saturday evening and Carter got to go out to eat for the very first time. Of course, while Mom & Dad enjoyed a nice meal, Carter just stuck to milk ;) Check out this picture of Kyler "pretending" to kiss Carter!
On Sunday, we went to Osage where Carter got to meet his Great Grandma Mardell for the very first time.
Great aunts Alfreda & Shirley and cousin Jessica were there too! Little man was very well behaved...mostly because he slept the whole time, but he didn't even fuss when he had to have his diaper changed! In addition, Carter made visits to both sets of grandparents' houses on Sunday. It was an exhausting day for all of us, but it was great to get to spend time with all the family!

We found ourselves in Topeka for a majority of the day yesterday. I had my 2 week post-op appointment, so we thought it would be a good time to take Carter by my office and show him off. Then we headed to the doctor where we waited for over an hour in the waiting room, then another 30 minutes or so in the exam room. After it was all said and done, we'd been at the doctor for about 2 hours. Needless to say, I was NOT happy! On a good note though, the doc said I'm recovering quite well! After all that, we still had to go to Wal-Mart, umm, correction, HELL. (Someday I will dedicate an entire blog to how much I HATE Wal-Mart!) It was nearly 8:30 by the time we got home last night. Maybe that's why Carter slept so well last night! However, I'm thinking maybe he got a little TOO much sleep last night. He has been awake for nearly 4 straight hours today, which is quite unusual for him. He's been quite fussy too, even though he's eaten 3 times in the last 3 hours! In fact, I've been trying to post this blog now for nearly an hour now while Brent and I take turns trying to calm him down! Hopefully little man's discombobulation will end soon! Oh, and the last of Carter's umbilical cord finally fell off yesterday! He's a free man!


Enjoy these pics from the past few days.....

1 comment:

  1. looks like Daddy's praying for a good night's sleep! Oh, and I can tell you why he's grumpy -- he's missing his meema since she went back to work! (Truth is she's a little grumpy too)

    Meema loves you Carter :)

    ReplyDelete