Wednesday, January 13, 2010

New Year = New Me

So I know this blog has mostly been dedicated to the journey of raising Carter, but I've decided to start a new healthy regimen and thought this might be a good place to talk about it. I've found that if I can document and talk out loud about everything, it really helps me on my endeavor to LOOSE WEIGHT!

You guessed it, with the new year upon us, I have decided that it's time to loose ALL of that baby weight. I've lost quite a bit of it, but still have some to go.

Reasons I Want to Drop the Pounds:
1. To feel better about myself
2. So that my clothes fit better
3. Just to be a healthier person
4. Summer isn't as far off as it may seem and summer=pool=swim suit!
5. My cousin's wedding July 31 (I'm the matron of honor)

Right now, I have 15 lbs to go to get to my pre-baby weight. I'd like to loose 5-10 lbs on top of that, but for now, I'm setting my goal to loose 15 lbs. After I hit that, I'll set a new goal.

I've decided that I'm NOT calling this a diet b/c I HATE diets and I LOVE eating! I'm not going to deny myself the things I want to eat, I just have to be smarter about how I eat them. But I am eating healthier, eating more fruits and vegetables, eating foods that are high in fiber & protein, and foods that are low in fat & calories of course. I know, sounds like a diet, but I refuse to call it that! But most of all, I'm eating less JUNK! And I have to say, I'm very proud of myself....someone brought donuts to work yesterday, and I passed and ate my bagel for breakfast instead. For those of you who don't know, I LOVE LOVE LOVE donuts, so this was a major breakthrough for me!

I plan to accompany the healthy eating with exercise......which I really hate. I don't mind walking, I actually love to go for walks, but until the snow is gone, I don't think I'll be going outside for walks. So, my plan is to utilize my vast collection of barely used fitness DVD's and videos. (FYI: I'm a sucker for fitness-infomercials......and notorious for not following through with them). I actually worked out for about 30 minutes last night and felt OUT OF SHAPE afterward!! The main problem I'm going to run into with working out is finding the time to do so. I'm really going to have to start managing my time better and stop making excuses!

I started this whole thing on Monday, but I don't have a scale at home so I'm not exactly sure of my starting weight, but I have a pretty good idea what it was. I plan to weigh myself on my mom's scale tonight so I can get a rough idea of where I'm at. I'll be "weighing-in" at Mom's house every Wednesday (the days she watches Carter). Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck, Erin, in working towards losing those 15+ pounds. You and your mom can work together to reach your goals and it will be nice to support each other. I'm rooting for you both! Jillybean

    ReplyDelete