Tuesday, November 10, 2009

9 Months Old and Updates!

Our little man turned 9 MONTHS OLD on Sunday! I just can't believe he's only 3 months away from being a year old...and that he's been in this world as long as he was in my belly! Funny how when I was pregnant with him, the 9 months took FOREVER, but these past 9 months have just flown by so quickly!

We have some great pics of Carter playing in the leaves this past weekend and the weekend before, but our computer has been on the fritz and I haven't been able to get the pics up. I discovered on Sunday that we have two really bad viruses on the computer, so it's getting fixed this week. I hope I discovered the problem before it did much damage!

Carter's doing really well these days. He's such a smart little boy! He can give high-fives and kisses and babbles on and on all day long. It's so funny to watch him "talk" to Maggie! He still can't seem to master saying Mama but we still catch him saying Dada sometimes, and he ALWAYS says Bob! We have no idea who "Bob" is, but he sure talks about him a lot! It's hilarious, he yells "Bob!" "Bob!" "Bob bob bob bob bob!"

One of Carter's favorite things to do these days is eat. That kid will eat just about anything you put in front of him! He loves jello, fruit, yogurt, cottage cheese, and turkey, but Gerber cheese poofs and toast still seems to be his absolute favorites. And he especially loves popsicles....which he doesn't get very often! I can't believe how much he even likes the nasty jarred meat! The only thing that doesn't seem to interest him anymore is the baby cereal. But he's getting plenty of nutrition in other foods, so I'm not too concerned if he doesn't eat much cereal anymore. He's finally mastered holding his own bottle, which can be very convenient for Mommy & Daddy at times!

We still can't seem to get Bubba to crawl on this knees! We know he can do it, b/c we've caught him taking a few strides like a "normal" crawler, but apparently he just prefers to Army crawl! Don't get me wrong, he gets where he's going, and he gets there fast, but it's just frustrating that he won't crawl on this knees! I'm also frustrated b/c he really won't pull himself up to stand. Everyone's telling me not to rush it but I just want him to be able to do everything! If we help him into a standing position, he can easily stand by himself for a little while and he is starting to actually try to pull up to stuff but I just thought he'd be so much closer to walking by now. Maybe it's b/c his mommy walked before 8 months old!

I'm very happy to have tomorrow off in celebration of Veteran's Day. Although I'm sure my day off will be spent cleaning house and doing laundry which is really my own fault b/c I slacked off last weekend! But it was much too beautiful outside to be stuck in the house doing chores!

Hope everyone has a great week and hopefully we'll have our computer back by the weekend so I can get some pics up!

No comments:

Post a Comment