Saturday, November 14, 2009

9 Month Check-Up

C-man had his 9-month check up yesterday. Everything went really well! He is 20.5 lbs & 29 inches long!! He's in the 75th percentile for height and Dr. Heeb predicts he is going to be a tall, skinny boy! Brent and I were a little concerned that he was underweight, especially since he's only gained 2 lbs in 2 months, but he's in the 50th percentile for weight so I guess he's just fine! She said his head is really looking a lot better and commended us on our decision to not go with the helmet. I voiced concern over him not crawling on his knees and she said not to fret; not all babies crawl on their needs and there has been an interesting study conducted that shows kids who army crawled became excellent readers later in life. The reason being b/c when they're crawling that low to the ground, they have to use their peripheral vision more and apparently this enhances their ability to read. I sure hope so! He also got his flu shot, which didn't make him very happy! We have to go back in one month to get the booster. I'd like to get him the H1N1 vaccine, but I'm not too keen on standing in line for 2 hrs at the Expocentre!

Well, we got our computer back last week and thanks to our friend Steve and it seems to be working great! Which means I finally got all the latest pics uploaded so we can share with everyone!

We don't have much planned for this weekend. Brent is working and I'm being lazy today (b/c I got most of my cleaning & laundry done when I was off work Wednesday!) And we'll of course watch the Chiefs get spanked tomorrow! Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!










1 comment:

  1. That's really cool about the reading thing. Especially considering how important reading is!
    You know they say that since they say kids should sleep on their backs, that some kids don't even crawl before walking? What a trip, huh? But they say it isn't a bad thing, because I guess that crawling isn't considered a mile stone anymore because of the whole Back to Sleep thing.

    It certainly is crazy how time flies once they're here. Flies a bit too fast, if you ask me! Hard to believe he's so close to a year already. He's getting so big so fast!

    Glad he's doing well, and he gets more handsome with every picture!

    Love the Vee-Dub shirt, by the way!

    ReplyDelete