Monday, May 13, 2013

That's a Wrap!

So I'm sure by now everyone has heard of the new craze of body wraps.  They're supposed to shrink, tighten and firm your bod.  I was a little skeptical as first.  I mean, how in the world could a piece of cloth stuck to your body for 45 minutes make you skinny?? 

Well, after seeing many before and after pictures on blogs (blogs posted by everyday women on their own weight loss journeys, NOT affiliated with any said wrap company), I was sold.  You could definitely tell a difference.  And I wanted that difference to show on my own body.

As I've mentioned before, prior to having children, I was pretty fit.  I had a nice flat tummy too.  At the time I didn't think so, my perception of myself has always been way worse than reality but looking back, I'd give anything to have that flat tummy back.  Unfortunately, even 100 crunches a day can't undo what two c-sections have done to my lower stomach. 

So after seeing the magic of the body wraps and how they tighten up your flabby spots, I knew I had to give it a shot.  I signed up for a membership with ItWorks.  You have to join their "loyalty" club to get the products discounted, otherwise you pay out the wazoo for your wraps.  After three months, you can cancel at no cost.  So I figure after my three months are up, if I'm satisfied with my body image, I'll cancel.  If not, I'll keep paying $60 for my monthly shipment of these little pieces of heaven. 

So far, I've used one wrap on my stomach and one wrap on each of my upper legs/butt area.  I took before/after pics of my stomach (sorry, none of the buttocks area, don't want to completely gross everyone out). 
Before ItWorks body wrap


After ItWorks body wrap
 
 
I probably should have taken them at the same distance for the full effect but I zoomed in on the after picture so you could really see the difference.  It definitely tightened up some of that lower flab....not all of it (there's still a lot under my waistband) but some of it.  I'm really exicted to use my 4th wrap.  I think I'll do it this week since I should be getting my next ship in a couple weeks. 
 
Maybe I'll post some more progression pics as I go!  


No comments:

Post a Comment