Monday, May 13, 2013

Dirty 30

Well, it happened.  There was no stopping it, no mater how much I wanted to.  And you know what?  It really wasn't that bad.  On May 4, I turned 30.

I actually had quite the wonderful day.  Brent had to work that morning, like he does pretty much every weekend, so the kids and I hung out at home, I did a little housework, then we had a dance party!  After Brent got home from work, my mom & dad came over to bring us a used/new-to-us deep freeze to replace our dinosaur we currently have.  Then a surprise visit from my Auntie :)  We ordered pizza for lunch and drank a few beers.  Then Meema & Papa took the kiddos home with them so Brent and I could have a date night with our besties. 

It was a simple night.  We ate (and drank....a lot) at Old Chicago, made a stop at the liq, and did a little Wal-Hell shopping (pretty tolerable when you're under the influence).  On the way home, Court & I about killed the boys with our not-so-excellent singing screaming, barking like dogs from the backseat, followed by some good 'ole fashioned drinking card games at our dining room table.  But you know what, it was the most fun I've had in a LONG time.  Sometimes simple is better :)  (Plus I got shitballs drunk, which is always fun.)

I guess I really don't have much to complain about for a 30 year old.  No, my life is not perfect.....very far from it.  I haven't finished my bachelor's degree (maybe some day down the road) but I have a good job, a nice home, wonderful friends, a caring family, a loving husband and two amazing children who make my little world go 'round.  Life is good.

 



Me & Brentsky
Court & I giving the 'ole 3-0
This stuff right here is Heaven in a can

No comments:

Post a Comment