Friday, February 5, 2010

Big Weekend Ahead.....and more snow :(

Just when we think the weather is starting to clear up and maybe, just maybe, Spring is actually just around the corner.....we get hit with MORE snow. I feel like we live in Minnesota or something!

We have a very big and exciting weekend ahead of us! Sunday is Carter's 1st Birthday Party!!! I really hope the weather clears up so that everyone is able to make it...especially since we'll have enough cake to feed an Army! Tonight I need to finish making the party favors; we're making suckers and candy in the shape of tractors, bulldozers, and dump trucks. They're so cool! And EASY. I bought some candy molds at Hobby Lobby and all you have to do is melt these little candy wafers, pour them in the mold, and put them in the fridge to set up for 15-20 min. and voila!, you have miniature tractors and trucks on a stick! We are making vanilla-flavored yellow candies and chocolate-flavored green candies. I'll be sure to post pics of the finished product.

On Saturday, I have to run to Topeka to pick up Carter's cake and get balloons blown up. Then I'll be busy making Carter's own cake for him to dig into at his party. The famed "smash-cake" as it's been dubbed is a fun way for little ones to enjoy their very own cake on their 1st birthday. I don't want to spoil the surprise, but I will say that it's actually going to be a giant cupcake.....I hope it turns out good!!

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend.....stay warm and BE CAREFUL out there!

1 comment: