Monday, June 1, 2009

The Wrath of Teething :{

Let me just say that I have symphathy for every single parent out there b/c teething is a NIGHTMARE! We had an especially bad day last Thursday. We actually had to leave work a few minutes early b/c Carter had a complete meltdown and there was NOTHING that would make him happy. I feel so bad for him; I know he's in a great deal of pain, and Tylenol, teething tablets, pain relief gel, and teething rings don't seem to help!! Anyone who has any suggestions for teething remedies, please, I'm all ears!!

I left Carter at home with Brent on Friday, just in case he had another bad day, I thought it would be better if he was at home. But of course, he was a perfect angel for daddy!

We had a pretty good weekend as well, with only a few bouts of fussiness. We're guessing that maybe the tooth wasn't quite ready to break through yet b/c it seems it's snuck back up. However, it's only a matter of time before it will pop out again!

Something I forgot to mention in last week's post is that Carter is now eating off a spoon! We figured since he already takes cereal in his bottle for his reflux, why not put it in a bowl and try out the spoon?? The sooner he learns to eat off the spoon, the easier transition we'll have to solid feeding. He's doing really well with it too! Of course, he wants to stick both fists in his mouth after taking a bite, which creates quite the mess for Mommy to clean up, but that's the fun part, right?

One last note; Bubba FINALLY decided to smile for the camera this weekend! In fact, he was quite intrigued by the camera. Maybe he'll be a cheezer after all! Have a great week everyone :-)


4 comments:

  1. I love that look he's giving you when he was in the bath tub -- he looks appalled that you would dare to take a nakey picture!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Momma, quit lookin at my weiner!" Hey, at least I cropped it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least he doesn't scream bloody murder when you get his hair wet in the bath!!

    ReplyDelete