Monday, April 15, 2013

Old Habits Die Hard.......real hard

I'm kinda ashamed to say that my work-out regime has pretty much sucked balls lately.  You know that thing I said about not having time?  Well, it turns out that holds quite of bit of truth.  What I need to work on is MAKING TIME.

But even though I haven't been sweating it out with Shaun T. and participating in Rockin Body all that much, I haven't been sitting on my rear.  Since we've finally had some decent weather, the kids and I have been going for a walk everyday.  And while we're not walking, we're outside playing.  (Which is why I haven't had time to work out inside the house.)  I've also been trying to walk on my lunch break everyday.  Except today.  Because it's raining.  I swear, that's not just another excuse. 

I've always considered myself someone who manages time fairly well.  Especially considering how busy I am.  But being a mother has changed my priorities.  Now the most important things are feeding my children, making sure they're bathed, have clean clothes to wear and of course spending quality time with them, whether it be playing outside or playing with toys in their room or wrestling on the floor.  This doesn't leave much "Mommy Time."  I know this is not healthy.  This is probably a big part of why my stress level is sky high.  I MUST MAKE TIME FOR MYSELF.....I MUST MAKE TIME TO WORK OUT.  (This is where Hubby is going to have to step up.)

On a positive note, I have been doing much better on my eating.  I've been eating less and choosing healthier options.  My goal this week is to substitute my breakfast with either a protein shake or protein bar.  I had a shake this morning....wasn't too bad.  And it held me over pretty well.  I did need a mid-morning snack so I opted for some fat free cereal as opposed to the sugary dry cereal I usually eat every morning.  I've been trying to eat more fruit, which is working out pretty well.  But those old habits that die hard?  Yeah, those would include eating candy....late at night.  And NOT drinking copious amounts of water like I should.  I'm not gonna lie.  I. Hate. Water.  Sure, it's nice on a hot day or right after a work-out when I'm dying of thirst.  But to just continuously drink water all day long....I can't do it.  I hate it.  And I've got to change that habit. 

I can tell that my efforts are slowing paying off.  My pants fit a little looser and I do have a little more energy.  But I'm nowhere close to where I want/need to be.  I've got to get my ass in gear.  I've got to get back on the RIGHT TRACK -- thank you Matt Foley.  I'm ready to get rid of this flub!!

*Editor's note - I just looked outside.  It's not raining.  Whoopsies.

No comments:

Post a Comment