Friday, September 23, 2011

Weekend Bliss

Ahhh, the weekend has finally arrived.  What a long week this has been, although I think I say that every Friday!  I started out the week with a horrible migraine.  Just when I thought things were looking up, bam, here comes another one.  What gives?!  

I'm so excited for tomorrow, as my mom and I will be hitting the annual fall garage sales at Lake Sherwood in Topeka.  This is something my mom and I started doing a few years ago and we always come home a with a car FULL of goodies.  Toys, clothes, furniture, you name it, we probably bought it!  And this year will be especially fun since my friend Amanda will be joining us!  

Not a whole lot to report on baby updates, except that I've been feeling lots of movement all week, which is very exciting!  I can't remember when I started feeling movement with Carter, but I know it wasn't this early.  I have read in several places that you are prone to feel movement a lot earlier with your second baby because you know what to expect.  I'm 17 weeks today, which means only THREE more weeks until we find out the sex of the baby!!

In Carter news, we had a bit of a problem on Wednesday with him cussing.  Anyone who knows Brent and I knows that we have a tendency to say some choice words and shockingly, we've been known to use those words around Carter.  However, Carter is always quick to scold us telling us, "Don't say that word!"  (I often times call him the swear police for this reason.)  But something got into him on Wednesday and he felt inclined to tell my mom that her Durango was a piece of shit!  (He was quick to correct himself and rephrase with "piece of junk.")  Then later that night, he informed me that he was going to whoop my ass.  I had to turn around so he wouldn't see me laugh.  Parent of the year here!  But seriously, when this tiny little 3-ft tall person tells you that they're going to whoop your ass, you can't help but laugh.  After I composed myself, I calmly told him that those were words that Mommy doesn't want to hear him say ever again.  And luckily, I haven't had any further ass-whooping threats this week! 

1 comment:

  1. This post made me LOL, Erin. Oh the joys of raising a child and hoping that he won't pick up on certain things but it always seems like that is exactly what they do. You are doing just fine. I hope you are going to tell everyone what sex the baby is and you know I'm hoping it's a girl!

    ReplyDelete