Thursday, March 18, 2010

George Strait


As most of you know, I have just a teeny tiny little obsession with George Strait. Oh, who am I kidding, I LOVE THAT MAN! I have been in love with George ever since I was a little girl. I remember my mom used to play George Strait tapes every night when she was trying to get me to fall asleep. I remember listening to George on family vacations. I remember every time we would go to the Scranton Bar to eat, mom would ALWAYS play "Amarillo by Morning" on the jukebox. George has always been a big part of our family!


I've seen George in concert one time, when I was pretty young. In fact, I really don't remember it at all. (But I'm sure he was awesome!) I've been dying to go to another George concert since I've been an adult, but it's very rare that he ever comes around our neck of the woods. And then, wouldn't you know it, this year his tour has TWO stops in our area! He was in Wichita back in February and he'll be in KC in April. And REBA is touring with him!! How could a concert get any better?? Two of the best country artists to ever walk the planet....my two favorite indeed!


I begged Brent to let me buy tickets to the show in April, but he wouldn't let me spend that much money. I think this was mostly b/c he "claims" he hates George. (I think he's just jealous b/c I love George almost as much as him!)


So, I sulked and just thought to myself, maybe I can catch him on the next go around.....if he ever comes back here in the near future! And then, the best thing ever happened......


My mom came over Saturday and brought in a Country Music Weekly magazine with George & Reba on the cover. She told me she picked it up b/c she didn't know if I had read it yet, and it had a really good article where George interviews Reba. She set it on the counter, and instinctively I opened up the magazine to the middle and there, right in the middle, were TWO George/Reba tickets taped to the page!!!!!! I think my jaw dropped to the floor. I just stood there, staring at the tickets in disbelief. Could it really be? Was I FINALLY going to get to see George again?! Yes, they were real! I gave my mom the biggest hug ever and I even started crying b/c I was so happy!! My mommy is the greatest ever!!!


So....on April 9, I will be at the Sprint Center, enjoying the musical stylings of LeAnn Womack, Reba, and the greatest ever, King George. My husband refused to go, so I'm taking my BF Amanda! I know we'll have a wonderful time!
Thank you sooooo much Mommy!!!

4 comments:

  1. you're soooo welcome! If anyone would like to read my side of the story, check out my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have been a mouse in your pocket when you opened that magazine and saw those tickets! Your mom ROCKS big time!! Enjoy yourself at the concert and maybe you can repay your mom's generosity sometime when she least expects it. Have a blast! --Jillybean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry....I already have a little something up my sleeve!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes Barb you are the best!!! Can't wait until April 9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete